Subscription Management and Fulfilment
Turpin provides international services for your subscribers; our secure networked business systems allow our UK and US offices to offer a global service, or a market restricted service, according to your requirements.
We provide institutional, individual and member subscribers with the following services:
• Multilingual customer service staff who process orders and manage claims and enquiries.
• Collection of access and authentication information, including IP addresses for transmission to your nominated online host. We work with all the major hosting companies including Atypon, Highwire, Ingenta and Metapress, and we can activate online subscriptions in external websites.
• We trade with the major subscription agents electronically using ICEDIS standards, including EBSCO, Harrassowitz, Kinokuniya, Maruzen, Swets and USACO.
• We operate full renewals campaigns, sending one renewal and up to three reminders each year. Our systems scan back two years for lapsed subscribers, sending the first notice to their agent, if applicable, and then the second direct to the subscriber. We also offer a telemarketing service to chase lapsed subscribers and renewals.
• We provide e-commerce ordering and subscription management to enable customers to order, renew and securely pay for subscriptions online. From 2009 we are implementing email renewal campaigns, registered customers will be able to seamlessly link to the renewal page in their account. For more information on our e-commerce systems please see Journal E-Commerce Services.
Standard features of our subscription management service include:
• Publishers retain full ownership of subscription data.
• All renewals, reminders, invoices and payment receipts are publisher branded including your logo.
• We operate publisher policies so that we always adhere to your rules regarding pricing, discounts, online access, refunds and grace periods.
• We work in multiple currencies, $USD, £GBP and €Euro to enable you to set appropriate pricing in different regions of the world.
• We can manage main label runs and/or catch-ups/back starts or we can transmit label files to your printer or mailing house.
• Our automated film wrapping machine is capable of packing 50 journal issues per minute.
• Our systems manage both calendar year and any-time start subscriptions.
• We recognise that customers often purchase via an agent. We hold three addresses in our systems - bill-to, ship-to and end-user.
• We can operate distinct production schedules for print and electronic journals, allowing different gracing policies for print and online content.
• Publishers have a free text area on all the renewals and reminders issued to allow you to market other titles, conferences, associated books, or anything else you wish, direct to your subscribers.
• We can operate any pricing models and our flexible systems enable you to create collections and packages of products, either in print or online or both.
• We provide library consortia management processing services for orders with specialist pricing, invoicing, reporting and online access activation.
• For magazines we can provide reports for ABC/BPA audit returns.
Our extensive online reporting system allows you to view, manipulate and export data on:
• Subscribers and their subscriptions
• Renewals and non-renewals
• Agent subscriptions
• Subscription types
• Product type
• Bundles and collections
• Payment in original and publisher currency
• Expiration dates
• Much more
For more information about our reporting systems please see Reporting.
For more information about our Subscription Management and Fulfilment services or to demo our reporting system please contact Neil Castle or Robert Rooney